Monday, March 30, 2009

What's been on my mind....

It has been some time since my last post, but for good reason. The crux of Spring Semester '09 began to impose its will on me again since returning from spring break. I have found some downtime between school, work, and studying(among various other activities) to voice my ever growing opinion on any topic in sport.

Today is a great day for me. I should, barring the Orlando Magic TV or NBA League Pass Broadband not showing it, be able to see the retirement of Alonzo Mourning's #33 for the Miami Heat. He is the first player to receive this honor from the Miami Heat, and it is truly significant because Mr. Mourning transcends basketball. Pick your choice of articles from the South Florida newspapers, all writers do a fabulous job.
Watch the Retirement Announcement


BY ISRAEL GUTIERREZ

ZO dominates the MAVS
NBA on TNT speaks on his retirement

SO...we have made it to the Final Four. UCONN, UNC, Villanova, and Michigan St. I got 3 of 4, but who didn't? Sam Young won't win M.O.P. But I'll take Wayne Ellington instead any day. That means I will pick UNC to win the 2009 NCAA Championship, Roy Williams' second with the Tar Heels.

Major League baseball is going to be underway in just a couple of days, and Oh Boy I cannot wait!!! 6 months of games and only a few days off. I am ready to watch my Marlins compete for the NL East crown, as well as the Wild Card. I believe our starting pitching will be good, opening wiht a 1-2 punch of Nolasco and Johnson. The bats will probably be up-and-down, but Hanley will always be around. I will discuss the season in greater length in a later posting...

Does anyone notice the Stanley Cup Playoffs are fastly approaching. Well I am surrounded by huge hockey fans, and I can't seem to enjoy the sport unless more than 3 people are watching together. Let's hope for the Panthers to end their looooooong drought.

And can't you just not get enough of Tebow and Urban on ESPN.

Peace, for now until later.

-Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment

New York Times